LOLA - Lakewood Outdoor Learning Area
It’s more than just a nature area.
It’s an opportunity to explore, grow and feel connected to our world.
LOLA is an outdoor environmental science classroom and nature area located behind the library. It encompasses a small riparian area that runs along McCommas Branch, a tributary leading to White Rock Lake. LOLA’s diverse ecosystems, including wetlands, bottomland forest, and prairie area, offer a unique learning environment.
- Since 2001 LWE students have received hands-on science instruction in LOLA.
- 2022 brings an exciting new partnership with the Dallas Arboretum!
- Each grade will experience 4 customized lessons using a curriculum developed by science education specialists.
- Education, maintenance, and other programming is graciously funded by Lakewood PTA and LECPTA.
- Thank you to the North Texas Master Naturalist for their continued commitment to the upkeep and improvement of LOLA.
- Improvements and new entrance to LOLA provided by Dallas ISD.
If you are interested in joining the LOLA Committee, volunteering or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org